Pressure washing your house is a fantastic way to revitalize its appearance, remove grime, and maintain its overall cleanliness. However, finding the right frequency for pressure washing can be a bit tricky. In this blog post, we will discuss the factors to consider when determining how often you should pressure wash your house each year.
Factors Influencing Frequency:
1. Climate and Weather Conditions: The climate in which you reside plays a significant role in the frequency of pressure washing. If you live in an area with mild weather and low humidity, you may need to pressure wash less frequently than those living in regions with heavy rainfall, high humidity, or coastal exposure that promotes mold and mildew growth.
2. Proximity to Trees and Foliage: If your house is surrounded by trees or dense foliage, you may find that debris, pollen, sap, and bird droppings accumulate more quickly on its surfaces. In such cases, more frequent pressure washing may be necessary to keep your house looking fresh and clean.
3. Appearance of Stains and Dirt: Keep a close eye on the exterior of your house. If you notice stains, dirt, or discoloration that does not easily wash away with regular cleaning methods, it might be time to consider pressure washing.
4. Mold, Mildew, and Algae Growth: Humid environments or shaded areas tend to encourage the growth of mold, mildew, and algae on exterior surfaces. Regular pressure washing can help prevent their accumulation and keep your home looking pristine.
Guidelines for Pressure Washing Frequency:
1. Annual Pressure Washing: It is generally recommended to pressure wash your house at least once a year. This annual cleaning can be scheduled at a time when the weather is favorable and before the onset of the rainy season to ensure optimal results.
2. Bi-Annual Pressure Washing: For houses located in regions with more extreme weather conditions or heavy foliage, bi-annual pressure washing may be necessary. This approach entails scheduling one thorough cleaning in the spring and another in the fall to keep your house in top shape.
3. As-Needed Cleaning: In some cases, you may not require regular pressure washing and can opt for an as-needed basis. If you notice excessive dirt buildup, stains, or any external factors affecting your house's appearance, take prompt action to restore its cleanliness and appeal.
The frequency at which you pressure wash your house largely depends on various factors such as climate, proximity to trees, the presence of stains, and the growth of mold and mildew. As a general recommendation, an annual pressure wash is suitable for most homes, with the possibility of increasing frequency based on environmental conditions. By keeping your house clean and maintaining its exterior, you contribute to its longevity and enhance its curb appeal in the long run.
Contact us to talk about adding you to our annual or biannual schedule!